13.9.21

Happy Lie.

Since i joined in this hospital as a Medical officer, i really missed my evening tea. Those sips were a part of my life, my energizer and my best listener. Each time i touch my lips on that tumbler, i used to murmur my thoughts and imprint my feeling on it. Sometimes my words may have tobaco stains.. sometimes not....

It was a usual day but an unusual moment when i was called by my senior doctor for an evening tea. I went along with him passively without any hesitations. He lighted a ciggarates and pointed me one but i was polite enough to say No that i still regret. 

He was a great man. He talked about his college life, his adventures, his life changing moments with rarest of the rare diseases, and few of his advices that i dont even remember. Inbetween i was asked about few opinions on hospital stuffs.  But i answered as if everything goes well and good. Meanwhile, a young man interrupted into our talk by asking .."Sir... You remember me? You treated my daughter few years back.." 

My sir went puzzled and tried few gestures of memory recollections and asked her name..

The man said " Akhila ..sir..  Five years back she had a Chest pain.. i brought her to you."  My sir smiled away and asked about his children and family.. There we had a brief conversation with that man as we both finished the tea.....

When we were walking back, sir told me, that man's story. I felt light to know His daughter is no more and he is just insane after her demise... 

I felt so bad and, watching me, my sir said..." We may face such situations.. We are always destined to tell bad stories to the people right..?, so,,,, sometimes its good to finish the story with a "Happy lie" instead of ending it with a sad truth... Sometimes we have only one option to choose instead of multiple choices that dont have answers...."


No comments:

Post a Comment