14.4.17

ANGEL

Just like a mechanical doll, i backpacked my handbag and paced to my bus-stop after hearing the bang of my college bell. Stepping few more feet ahead, i dipped my chin down as  i tried to stare away from that regular guy who simply looks at me every day. He never teased me for all this while, but his gaze itself is a horrible disturbance for me. Drifting away from his piercing look, i moved ahead like a Hollywood-star walks on Red carpet. It took nearly ten minutes for me to reach my bus-stop and i jumped into the bus. For gods sake, i got a window-seat as i  found a relief from the pain i used to feel amidst my shoulder blades.However, It was a happy evening as the sinking sun made the never-ending horizon more and more reddish.
Image result for children as angel
When my bus took a sudden break to load the passengers, my eyes got stuck to a cute girl who just stepped-in with her mom. As my lap found vacant for that girl, her mother told me to take care of her child. I felt very very happy as usual as i am too fond of playing with children. She appears less than four years of age and i prefer to call her as an ANGEL for the rest of this story. She attired with a silvery white gown and wear a white, translucent scarf around her head. Black-lined eyelashes of her, gave me a marvelous contrast with her facial complexions. Everything about her made me happy except two things,,, first thing that she never smiled.....and the second thing that she never even yelled a word to me...

I tried to impress her with so many of my childish gestures that i usually use when i rejoice with children. But none of them worked on her. As the each and every attempt of mine was failing, passengers who were sitting aside of me, grinned and showed their devils glee. It was a great sarcasm for them though it was all my sinking ships in the sea of my ANGELS mind.

Slipping away from all those sarcastic laughs, i asked my angels name.. But she made me disappointing enough to put a spark to the next cracker of laughter in the bus.I asked her name one more time in a politely childish way. I asked again,,, three times ... four times..... It was good enough for thousand times... But she plunged me again into chaos that i reached down-to-earth to decide that i wont entertain any children ever in my life.I tried a chocolate. she took it and again sat simply,giving me a slight sense of gratitude and happiness.

As i am about to reach my home, i set myself ready to step down from the bus after giving my ANGEL back to her mother. When i stood for a while to drop myself down from the bus, i asked her name once again to her mother. She conveyed something to my ANGEL as my angel happily showed her fluttering hands on me in response... ohhhhh my god.....ANGEL....

I slumped down from the bus and  just stood for a while as the bus passed... My angel is still smile-fully  fluttering at me... But she don't talk to me, and she don't hear me.... Her mother waved her hands and conveyed few gestures to pole her vote of thanks...And she added one more gesture which made my cheeks wet..   Actually, my ANGEL could never talk to anybody... and she could never hear anybody....


  

No comments:

Post a Comment